Sunday, May 4, 2014

Amazoom

A very generic car which doesn't make justice to the name nor the country it is intended to pay respects to.



Amazoom
Name: Amazoom
Debut series: 2008 New Models
Produced year: 2008
Designed: Mark Jones






Amazoom Racing
The story behind:  The origins of this casting arose when the Hot Wheels Marketing group decided to recognize Brazil for the growth of Hot Wheels in the country in 2007. A few design options were put on the table and Marketing and Design decided to create a non-licensed version of the stock cars that are popular on the Brazilian racing circuit. The name of the car came from the Amazon River, which runs through the Brazil. Its first deco is based on the Brazilian flag (which by the way I dont own the first model that came out..).

Judging by it's front grill and headlights the car itself could be an adaption from the VW Passat 3b but then again this is only an appreciation.

The looks:  I will be very honest from the get go, this might be one of the first hot wheels I bought only to have a complete collection,  I don't feel is a bad model, is just, not outstanding. After getting to know that it was targeted as a representation of Brazil, I feel this model just dont cut it. But about the model, well, is heavy in comparison with new models, most of the body is made of die cast being only the windows and the chassis of plastic. It look like a racing car coming out from the movie franchise Death Race. The model I owe is grey in color with some racing tampos and the legend "Amazoom Racing". 

I really wish I could say more about it but it is a very generic car which doesn't make justice to the name nor the country it is intended to pay respects to.

Rating: **


Get my point?




No comments:

Post a Comment